Here are a few bits we thought you’d want to know, as you prepare for baby.
- Your due date is 40 weeks from the day of your last period, not 40 weeks from the time you find out you’re pregnant. Good to know, right? Keep in mind that not every baby is punctual.
- Your nose will start working overtime. Odors that you used to love, like fresh peaches or newly-mown grass, may send you running to the nearest toilet. (Unless you’re wearing your handy-dandy ReliefBand:))
- Get ready for a little potty to come out when you laugh or sneeze, particularly when baby gets big enough to press on your bladder. Hey, it is what it is.
- Your mucous membranes may swell due to what happens to your body when you’re pregnant. This in turn may cause you to snore like your grandpa. Good news is, it probably won’t bother you (although others in the household may grumble in the mornings).
- Your vocal cords may swell, causing you to sound like a two-pack-a-day smoker or a basso profundo singer. Think of the fun you can have faking people out over the phone.
- What size are your feet? Be prepared, because they might grow during pregnancy, and there’s a chance they won’t shrink back after.
We’ve barely scratched the surface of the strange wondrousness of pregnancy. What’s happening with you? Share your stories with the pregnant women of the world!